The access to the Underground of the Colosseum is available to individuals or groups of maximum 20 people adopting the appropriate distances.
The number of 20 pax includes adults, children, guides, companions, etc., so no one exceeding 20 people will be allowed.
Each customer can book a maximum of 20 tickets per day and 5 products for the same time for individual visits.
Full price ticket € 22.00 + guided tour € 10.00
Reduced price ticket € 2,00 + guided tour € 10,00
Pre sale fee € 2,00
Valid for 2 days from first admission
The ticket includes:
one entrance to the Roman Forum-Palatine including the special SUPER sites
Access to the Colosseum is by the Sperone Valdier
Access to the underground is not provided during the free days entrances.
The S.U.P.E.R. sites cannot be visited on 25th December, 1st January, 1st May, the first Sundays of the month from January to March and from October to December.
- citizens aged between 18 and 25 years of the European community, according to the law 28.09.1999 n. 275, and subsequent integrations through ministerial letters
(austria, belgium, bulgaria, cyprus, croatia, denmark, estonia, finland, france, germany, greece, ireland, italy, latvia, lithuania, luxembourg, malta, netherlands, poland, portugal, united kingdom, czech republic, romania, slovakia, slovenia, spain, sweden, hungary, swiss confederation, norway, liechtenstein, iceland)
- European Community and non-EU citizens under 18 years of age
- Italian school teaching staff, either permanent or with a fixed-term contract, upon presentation of the appropriate certificate issued by the educational institutions
- the management of the Colosseum Archaeological Park has determined some days during the year with free entrance and without advance sale. For further information consult the page of the Colosseum , Roman Forum and Palatine
OTHER CONDITIONS OF FREE ADMISSION
- tourist guides of the European Union in the exercise of their professional activity
- tourist interpreters of the european union in the exercise of their professional activity
- employees of the ministry for cultural heritage and activities
- members of icom (international council of museums)
- members of iccrom (international organization for conservation of cultural heritage)
- groups or groups of students from public and public schools of the european union by prior arrangement, accompanied by one teacher for every 10 pupils
- teachers and students of the faculties of architecture, conservation of cultural heritage, science of education and degree courses in literature or literary subjects with an archaeological or historical-artistic focus of the universities and academies of fine arts and enrolled in the respective schools of further education, specialisation and doctoral students in the above disciplines from all the member countries of the European Union. tickets are issued to students on presentation of the certificate of enrolment for the current academic year
- socrates and erasmus students in the above disciplines
- art history teachers from high schools
- students of the schools of: istituto centrale del restauro, opificio delle pietre dure, scuola per il restauro del mosaico
- employees of the ministry of cultural heritage
- registered journalists and journalists from any other country, in the performance of their duties and on presentation of appropriate proof of their professional activity
- disabled persons and their family members or accompanying persons from the social and health care services
- operators of voluntary associations who, on the basis of the agreements in place with the Ministry, pursuant to Article 112(8) of the Code, carry out activities to promote and disseminate knowledge of the cultural heritage
- Progetto Nati con la Cultura (agreement valid for three years: from 29/11/2018 to 29/11/2021): a cultural passport for every newborn child, allowing free admission to the Park for the child and his/her family (up to 2 accompanying adults) up to his/her first birthday.
Any right to reduced or free admission must be verified by the ticket office staff.
The tour of the underground passages of the Colosseum includes:
- the dungeons
- first floor,
- view of the Colosseum square from the Valadier terrace
If, after the verification of the ticket office staff, the right to a reduced or free entrance ticket linked to a service is not confirmed, it will not be possible to take part in the booked visit and no refund will be given.
Visitors must present a valid identity document at the ticket office.
Tickets and services purchased cannot be refunded or moved to another date or time slot on the same day.
Comfortable shoes are recommended
It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages or spray cans.
The entrances to the monument, located along Via dei Fori Imperiali, are equipped with ramps
The ground floor "first order" of the amphitheatre is accessible to wheelchair users
The first floor 'second order' is accessible by lifts
Two wheelchairs are available, one for the ground floor and one for the first floor
Suitable toilets are available.