Users are informed that tickets will be on sale weekly, every Saturday for the following week.
Full admission € 16,00
Reduced admission € 2,00
Presale fee € 2,00
Valid for 24h
The ticket includes:
The entrance to the Colosseum is at Sperone Valadier
The visitor, wearing a face mask, must arrive at the Park already in possession of his/her access admission ticket, 15 minutes before the booked access time. At the same time of the purchase, and included in the price of the ticket itself, the visitor will be sent a link to download, on his mobile device, the official App of the Park of the Colosseum, which is essential for the visit of the site. This App, to be activated before accessing the Park, has several functions:
We recommend the use of comfortable shoes
It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and spray cans.
The entrances to the monument, arranged along Via dei Fori Imperiali, have ramps
The "first order" ground floor of the amphitheater is accessible to wheelchair users
The "second order" first floor is accessible via elevators
For all types of tickets (full, reduced and free) only print@home mode will be available (no collection at the cash desk).
The suitability of reduced and free tickets will be verified by access control. If the suitability of the reduced or free access ticket is not matched, a new ticket will be issued, according to availability.
Downloading the official App of the Colosseum Park will allow, already from home, or at the latest at the entrance to the archaeological area, to obtain the maps of the routes, the historical contents and all the useful information for a safe visit.
REDUCED ADMISSION TICKET
- citizens between the age of 18 and 25 years, of the European Community, on the basis of Law No 275 of 28.09.1999, and subsequent additions by ministerial letters (countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Holland, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Hungary, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland)
FREE ADMISSION TICKET
- citizens under the age of 18 from the European Community and from outside the Community
- Italian teaching staff, with a permanent or a fixed-term contract, upon presentation of appropriate certification issued by the educational institutions
- the Management of the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum has determined a few days during the year with free admission and no presale. For further information please visit the page of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
OTHER FREE CONDITIONS
- European Union tour guides in the practice of their professional activity
- tourist interpreters from the European Union in the practice of their professional activity
- MiBACT employees
- members of ICOM (International Council Of Museum)
- members of ICCROM (International organization for conservation of cultural heritage)
- groups or groups of students from State and private schools of the European Union by prior booking, accompanied by 1 teacher per 10 students
- professors and students of the Faculty of Architecture, Conservation of cultural heritage, Educational sciences and degree courses in Literature or literary subjects with archaeological or historical-artistic subjects of universities and academies of fine arts, and enrolled in their respective schools of specialization; PhD students in the above disciplines of all member countries of the European Union. The ticket is issued to students by showing the certificate of enrolment for the current academic year
- Socrates and Erasmus students of the above disciplines
- high school art history teachers
- students of: Central institute of restoration (Istituto Centrale del Restauro), Semiprecious stones factory (Opificio delle Pietre Dure), School for mosaic restoration (Scuola per il Restauro del Mosaico)
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists from any other country, in the practice of their duties and upon presentation of appropriate documentary evidence of their professional activity
- disabled persons and a family member or leader belonging to the social-health care services
- operators of voluntary associations that carry out - on the basis of existing agreements stipulated with the Ministry, pursuant to art. 112, paragraph 8 of the code - activities to promote and disseminate knowledge of the cultural heritage
- Project “Born with Culture” (agreement valid for three years: from 29/11/2018 to 29/11/2021): cultural passport for each newborn child, allows a free entry to the Park to the child with the family (up to 2 leaders) until the completion of his first year of age.
Tickets purchased cannot be refunded or moved to another date or time slot on the same day.