Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and spray cans.
- The entrances to the monument located along Via Dei Fori Imperiali are equipped with ramps.
- The ground floor (first order) of the amphitheatre is accessible to wheelchair users.
- The first floor (second order) is accessible by lifts.
- Two wheelchairs are available at site, one for the ground floor and one for the first floor.
- There are suitable toilets.
full entrance fee € 12,00
reduced entrance fee € 2,00
reservation fee € 2,00
reservation required with tickets collected at the ticket desk
- european citizens between 18 and 25 years old, under the law 28.09.1999 n. 275, and subsequent amendments and additions through ministerial decrees.(austria, belgium, bulgaria, cyprus, croatia, denmark, estonia, finland, france, germany, greece, ireland, italy, latvia, lithuania, luxemburg, malta, the netherlands, poland, portugal, united kingdom, czech republic, romania, slovakia, slovenia, spain, hungary, swiss confederation, norway, liechtenstein, iceland)
OTHER CONDITIONS FOR FREE ADMISSION
- citizens under 18 years old from european union and no-eu countries.
- italian permanent teachers or with fix-term contract upon presentation of the suitable certification issued by the schools.
- the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum has determined some days during the year with free admission and without pre-sale. For more information, please refer to the page of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
- european union’s tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity;
- european union’s touristic interpreters in the exercise of their professional activity;
- employees of the ministry for cultural heritage and activities;
- members of icom (international council of museum);
- members of iccrom (international organization for conservation of cultural heritage);
- european union’s groups and students from public and private eu schools led by one teacher every 10 students, upon reservation;
- teachers and students of architecture, conservation of cultural assets, learning sciences and degree courses in literature with archeology or art-history subject areas in the universities and art academies and enrolled in the respective improving schools, specialist studies and phd’s of the above-mentioned courses of every member state of the european union. the ticket is released to the students by showing a certificate of registration in the current academic year;
- socrates and erasmus students of the above-mentioned degree courses;
- art-history teachers in high-schools;
- students of the following schools: central institute of restoration, opificio delle pietre dure, school for mosaic restoration;
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists coming from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out;
- people with disabilities and one family member or a helper belonging to the health and social assistance service;
- volunteers who carry out promotion and dissemination activities of the cultural heritage, on the basis of the agreements concluded with the ministry, according to art. 112, paragraph 8 of the civil code;
Any right to a reduction or to a free admission has to be proved by the ticketing staff.
Attention: school groups access from the Stern Entrance
EU students book the entrance free of charge.
Entrance tickets are free by showing a name list of the students and the teachers, divided in classes, on an official paper of the school signed by the headmaster. For every 10 students, one teacher has a free entrance ticket and starting from the eleventh student, a second teacher has a free admission.
Extra EU schools pay the reservation fee.
Colosseum’s admission tickets will be free only for under 18 students with a valid Identity Card. Group members over 18 will have to pay the full entrance fee.
School groups can be made of a maximum of 50 participants.
In case of mistakes by booking school tickets instead of ordinary group tickets or, in case the required conditions/documentations cannot be complied, it will not be possible to enter the monument and it will be necessary to buy new and correct entrance tickets, if available.
The ticket Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine and current exhibitions is valid for 2 consecutive days from the first use, for 1 entry to the Colosseum in the scheduled entrance time and 1 entry to the Roman Forum / Palatine within the period of validity.