Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and spray cans.
- The entrances to the monument located along Via Dei Fori Imperiali are equipped with ramps.
- The ground floor (first order) of the amphitheatre is accessible to wheelchair users.
- The first floor (second order) is accessible by lifts.
- Two wheelchairs are available at site, one for the ground floor and one for the first floor.
- There are suitable toilets.
full entrance ticket € 12,00 + guided tour € 15,00
reduced entrance ticket € 7,50 + guided tour € 15,00
free entrance ticket + guided tour € 15,00
free entrance ticket + free guided tour for under 12 years old
accredited guide ticket
each ticket is associated with a pre-sale fee € 2,00
- european citizens between 18 and 25 years old, under the law 28.09.1999 n. 275, and subsequent amendments and additions through ministerial decrees.(austria, belgium, bulgaria, cyprus, croatia, denmark, estonia, finland, france, germany, greece, ireland, italy, latvia, lithuania, luxemburg, malta, the netherlands, poland, portugal, united kingdom, czech republic, romania, slovakia, slovenia, spain, hungary, swiss confederation, norway, liechtenstein, iceland)
- for european union state school teachers
OTHER CONDITIONS FOR FREE ADMISSION
- citizens under 18 years old from european union and no-eu countries.
- italian permanent teachers or with fix-term contract upon presentation of the suitable certification issued by the schools.
- first sunday of the month: every first sunday of the month free entrance to the sites for everybody, according to the regular opening time – it is not possible to book the entrance ticket.
- european union’s tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity;
- european union’s touristic interpreters in the exercise of their professional activity;
- employees of the ministry for cultural heritage and activities;
- members of icom (international council of museum);
- members of iccrom (international organization for conservation of cultural heritage);
- european union’s groups and students from public and private eu schools led by one teacher every 10 students, upon reservation;
- teachers and students of architecture, conservation of cultural assets, learning sciences and degree courses in literature with archeology or art-history subject areas in the universities and art academies and enrolled in the respective improving schools, specialist studies and phd’s of the above-mentioned courses of every member state of the european union. the ticket is released to the students by showing a certificate of registration in the current academic year;
- socrates and erasmus students of the above-mentioned degree courses;
- art-history teachers in high-schools;
- students of the following schools: central institute of restoration, opificio delle pietre dure, school for mosaic restoration;
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists coming from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out;
- people with disabilities and one family member or a helper belonging to the health and social assistance service;
- volunteers who carry out promotion and dissemination activities of the cultural heritage, on the basis of the agreements concluded with the ministry, according to art. 112, paragraph 8 of the civil code;
Any right to a reduction or to a free admission has to be proved by the ticketing staff.
In the event that, after the inspection of the ticketing staff, the right to reduced or free entrance tickets linked to a service is not matched, it will not be possible to take part in the booked visit or to be entitled to any refund.
Access to the Stern Entrance, in front of Via Labicana.
Visitors with a booked fixed guided tour have to show a valid ID card at the ticket office.
The purchased tickets cannot be refund or rescheduled to a different date of visit and/or a different entrance time on the same day.
Each client will be able to book a maximum of 6 participants for the same visit.
The ticket Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine and current exhibitions is valid for 2 consecutive days from the first use, for 1 entry to the Colosseum in the scheduled entrance time and 1 entry to the Roman Forum / Palatine within the period of validity.
Pre-booking service is not available on the first Sunday of the free month.